There are several noteworthy changes:
- The sizes of all the fonts and buttons were increased
- The “selected” item or item with the mouse over it is clearly highlighted
- The user can navigate intuitively around the page using D-pad up/down/left/right motions
- Additional padding has been added between all elements on the page
- Darker or slightly muted colors have been chosen to suit TVs that are generally tuned to be brighter
More on Google’s Designing / tweaking your website for TV guide.
Youtube on Macbook on the Big Screen
To limit the connection speed on your Mac to a 56k modem for testing your website loading speed, pop this into terminal:
sudo ipfw pipe 1 config bw 56kbit/s
sudo ipfw add pipe 1 dst-port http
You can change 56kbit/s to any speed you want to test with.
To clear it either reboot or use:
sudo ipfw flush
via (macgeekery.com – Traffic Shaping in Mac OS X)
When sorting out a podcast in garageband I often find the audio goes weird, pops my speakers and stops them from working. This seems to primarily happen when scrubbing around whilst it plays..
I took a chance and plugged some headphones in and out and it worked again.
However, it doesn’t sound too healthy so hopefully Apple will address this soon..