Update: iOS 9.3.1 is now available which fixes this issue:
Settings -> General -> Software Update
If you’ve been hit by the iOS 9.3 broken links you can follow these steps to fix the issue whilst we wait for a full update from Apple. Unfortunately you’ll need to hook your iPhone or iPad up to your computer and sync with iTunes.
- If you still have it installed, delete the Booking.com app from your device
- Turn on Airplane Mode
- Plug your device into your computer and open iTunes
- Turn your device off and on
- Make sure you have the Booking.com app in iTunes on your computer – download link
- Keep Airplane Mode on!
- In iTunes, sync the Booking.com app to your device
- Wait for the sync to finish, then open the Booking.com app on your device
- Force close the Booking.com app by double tapping the home button and swiping up
- Force close Safari by double tapping the home button and swiping Safari up
- Delete the Booking.com app
- Turn off Airplane Mode
- Open Safari – your links should work again! It’ll also fix any problems with links from other apps like Mail or Messages.
You may need to try this a few times for it to work, it seems like a specific timing needs to occur for the correct caches to clear.
Thanks to Booking.com quickly fixing their side! You should be able to safely reinstall their app again after confirming these steps worked.
(Thanks to Wojtek Pietrusiewicz who’s guide led me in this direction.)
Now you’re back in action – here are some tips for using Universal Links.