Digital advertising on USAT’s ePort Interactive platform that highlight Apple Pay availability at point-of-sale resulted in a:
- 36.5% increase in overall sales
- 44.6% increase in total transactions
- 6% increase in total contactless average ticket; 18% at week 20
- 55.5% increase in revenue through contactless purchases, including Apple Pay; 121% at week 20
- 135.2% increase in overall mobile payment usage
A report at Business Wire highlights how simply mentioning Apple Pay at an already contactless vending machine increases sales.
With fewer and fewer cash payments, vending machines where beginning to take the path of phone boxes. Contactless payments through your phone make them feel useful again.